Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

StyleFixx Boston: May 13th

Won free VIP tickets to Stylefixx through @CitysearchBOS on twitter (Thank you!!) and even managed to get off work early... Traffic was horrific in Worcester, and a parking lot on the pike.  The intention and hope of making it to the ArtBar Opening Party quickly evaporated the longer we sat stalled in traffic.  After two hours we made it into the city, granted the normal ride is only 40 minutes.  

I really do love the Cyclorama, and the red carpet touch outside was appreciated.  Headed over to the table to register and grab our ticket for our bag of swag!

Ticket acquired, drink bracelets secured, naturally our next stop was for a glass of wine.  Unlike Wednesday, Thursday had a 3 drink limit, however the bartenders were great about forgetting to take off our tags, so I would say we ended up with about 4 or 5 glasses of wine each?  I also managed to score two Stella Artois glasses - they were giving them away if you drank the beer, but I just wanted the glass and not mix beer and wine.  I brought my friend Mel and she was great about reminding me that I did not have to work the next day, and to enjoy - so enjoy I did! 

I loved the lights, and honestly was rather overwhelmed by the layout of artisans.  It was hard to distinguish where one booth ended and another began, but each booth was good about letting you know - if you could even make it by the swarms of people.  Almost everything was out of my budget for the night but it was a great sampling of unique pieces you might not find anywhere else.  I fell in love with a black ruffle rain coat, but the $200 pricetag was too much to swing, and with it on I kinda felt like a dessert pastry, with ruffles.  I did end up buying a vintage pin headband from Marisa Daneille's line Pistachio.

I love headbands but find that many make you look like you are on your way to your high school chem class.  Marisa's pieces have touches of class that dress up your hair style and really adds to your outfit.  Pulled up with this as an accessory, or down with it as the true headband it gives my hair a nice subtle touch of charm.  The only other table that stole my heart was Stella and Dot.  I have their viewbook and the contact information for one of their consultants and as soon as I find a date that works for most of my girlfriends will be hosting a party!  More on that to follow... and now for the contents of the SWAG BAG!!

Fuze Strawberry Guava and Cranberry Raspberry.  Orange Vitamin Water.  Chocolate covered Mint Oreos.  2 Rohito eye drops.  Lots of caffeine free tea samples. Kiss Nail Art in yellow and orange.  Nailene press on nails. Shampoo from Avanti Hair Salon. Kiss nail files. Press on nail color. Necco wafers. Luna power bars.

2 comments:

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

Great recap! I'm a big fan of Pistachio and love her use of vintage pieces. I own a fabulous necklace made by her and I get compliments all the time about it - a real conversation piece. Sorry I missed you last night!

josie(bean) said...

cool review! glad you had a great time, it was definitely a lot of fun on Wednesday, too. my StyleFixx review is on my other blog (my preferred blog at the moment) found here if ya wanna check it out: http://thejosiebean.wordpress.com

have a great weekend!

 
a pink cosmo with a lime... | TNB