Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Second Glass Wine Riot One :: Cyclorama :: April 17th, 2010


The Wine Riot so conveniently fell on April 17th, just an ordinary day for some, but a holiday for me.  My birthday.  I am one of those people that absolutely loves her birthday, regardless the number I am turning, because its a reason to see all the people that are so busy in their own lives.  It can be so hard getting together with people because we all are on different pages, but at least with a birthday you have a reason to meld together your different friends and circles for the best time you make it.  Instead of a limo (looked at prices - way to far out of my budget, and coming from Worcester would have showed up drunk on bubbly) my Aunt offered to drive myself and one of my girl friends and pick us up after the event.  We went to the afternoon riot because the night was not ending at 5 pm like the event itself.  


If you have ever been at an event at the Cyclorama you know how it often has the booths that seem to encircle the areas like any sort of convention style show.  Second glass did a great job of organizing the event from its mobile website to the brochure map, which made remembering the better wines easier.  I am a huge wino, and many of my friends that joined me are not, they are more martini or beer girls.  I found the event catered better to those that want to learn what types of wine they prefer, as opposed to someone (Me) who has been trained by wine snobs who she lives with and their 500+ bottle wine cellar.  I tried Upper Crust pizza for the first time and it was AMAZING.  I cannot wait to go to one of their locations and grab an entire pizza to savor for the days ahead.  My favorite part of the show was the photo booth, picture below for your enjoyment.


Event ended and we continued the evening at The Beehive (a place I am most often found) where we noshed on their fantastic buttery extremely caloric pierogies and martinis.  Then my birthday cake celebration was at Haiku in Worcester where I enjoyed seemingly never ending plates of sushi creations by their chef, Kenzo.  Successful birthday and a great time shared with friends and family.

0 comments:

 
a pink cosmo with a lime... | TNB